Saturday 14 February 2015

"Deutsches Lager Hanko 1942-1944" and Jokiniemi 2014. My presentations in the National Museum of Finland

It is always exciting to take the steps to the podium and front the wonderful curious public and the experienced professionals in the audience of the National Museum of Finland. The situation is not anything you can prepare for except for getting to bed early during the night before (no beers).



This was exactly what I did (both nights) but I still had the uncomfortable feeling of not exactly knowing what to say when standing down there and looking at the the very attentive audience, trying to find the occasional friendly and supportive smile .


On Thursday I lectured about conflict archaeology "Deutsches Lager Hanko 1942-1944" and on Friday about the  Science center HEUREKA community archaeology excavations at "Jokiniemi 1990-1994 and 2014". After the Friday session I felt completely drained... but soon @ home again with great news about the Hanko project. New photos and many new contacts and interviews :).



Of course I  loved the experience of performing here again but I somehow lacked the feeling of public interaction that I´m used to elsewhere. Maybe next time I´ll bring my guitar :)



Still... I would like to thank all the people at the National Board of Antiquities for arranging this amazing possibility for sharing new research results and projects. Thanks to everyone in the audience who smiled and especially You <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.