The seminar is free of charge and open to all with an interest in Maritime Archaeology.
Place: Porthania (Yliopistonkatu 3, Helsinki)
The programme looks very interesting indeed!!!
- Mars (1564) - shipwreck and battlefield (professor Johan Rönnby, Södertörn University)
- Presenting a 16th Century Ship in a new 21 st Century Museum: The Mary Rose (Head of interpretation Christopher Dobbs, Mary Rose Trust, UK)
- The art of emptying a dry dock-the use of 3D to enchance understanding of 1700s technology (Tom Ohlsson, Senior Curator, The Karlskrona Dockyard Historical Society)
- In Situ Representations? Diver Trails and the Iona II Paddle Steamer (Victoria Cooper, Project Manager, Wessex Archaeology, UK)
- A Rembrandt lying on the Balticum Seabed: The Dutch Ghost Ship (Drs B.A Tilburg, Ministry of Education and Culure and Science, The Netherlands)